a few questions about 1st time AI. please help

by rosie » 03 Mar 2010

hi all

just wanted some information...

i have found somebody who i'm hoping to be my donor, i am going to be doing AI... just wondered, as i cant find this information on the web, what are the chances of me conceiving 1st time, by AI from a donor? has anyone else been through this process? can you give me some advice (On Here Please)? I am hoping to start my 1st try later this month, fingers crossed. However I dont know how im going to cope with this process on my own, is anyone else in the same situation?

Also Just wanted to know if anybody knows of any white donors in Kent, UK, as I have had trouble finding a donor in this area and therefore i am having to look further afield, which is going to cost a lot in travel expenses.

Thanks everyone, hope you can all help me. please reply to here as i dont have a full membership.
sorry for all the questions, i hope people can help me

Rosie

by tesea » 05 Mar 2010

I'm in the same sort of boat as you, I've found it really hard to find a AI donor and now that I have it costs so much just to get them here that I can't afford to pay for a hotel which means I only get the 1shot at it each time and I think its something like a 20% chance of it working with AI. To give yourself the best chance you really need to be doing it for 2 to 3 day over your most fertile time. I wish you all the very best and I hope your one of the 20%
Tesea

by rosie » 09 Mar 2010

Thank you, and you too! I also can't afford a hotel, plus travel expenses for my donor, so I'm having one go this month. Which I guess lowers the chances than doing it 2 or 3 times, as you said.

One thing that angers me (and I don't mean to offend anybody) is that when young girls end up pregnant accidentally, when we're all having trouble to convieve at all. I'm sure many of them don't sit there and calculate when they're most fertile and we all have trouble.

Oh well hopefully it will be good news first time *fingers-crossed*
Is this your first go also? I don't know how I'm going to cope with the 2 week wait. Or how I will react if the test is negative.
I'm a negative thinker, if I think the worse, if it's bad then I'm already prepared and if its good news then its a happy surprise. Lol.

X

by Anthony2 » 20 Apr 2010

You mentioned that donation by a.i. (artificial insemination) is 20% successful. That means that if you try twice your chances of becoming pregnant are 36%; three times - 49%; four times - 59%; five times - 67%...

If you have just two courses of artificial insemination per month, after eight months your chances of conceiving are 97%.

by Anthony2 » 20 Apr 2010

If one round of a.i. has a success rate of 20%, then two rounds are 36%, three - 49%, four times - 59%, five times - 67%...

If someone donates sperm to you just twice a month during your most fertile days, after five months you've an 89% chance of becoming pregnant; presuming the 20% is correct.

by John09 » 25 Apr 2010

First time conception.
A) YOUR Responsibility
1) Your timing? Have you been accurately tracking your regular ovulation?
2) 1 shot or 3? Are you doing 1 insemination or 3 over 3 days?
3) Syringe or with a catherta? Using a catherta will waste some of the sperm but it will place the sperm furthr up so they have less distance to swim.
4) Vaginal Ph. How is your body receptive to sperm?

B) His responsibility
1) Is he nurtering his sperm? No tight undies, low coffee, low alcohol, good diet et cet,
2) Can he abstain from ejaculation for 1 day beforehand (Builds up the supply but it is all fresh),
3) Can he deliver it fresh? So you can use it after 5 minutes when it goes from a white gel to a couourless liquid. Fresh is best

by Gari » 02 May 2010

One thing that I do not understand (and I don't mean to offend anybody) is that a few of you say that you can not afford a hotel + travel expenses for the donor... So how can you afford a baby if you can not afford a few quid for the hotel :shock: ?

by paul73 » 15 Jun 2010

Gari wrote:One thing that I do not understand (and I don't mean to offend anybody) is that a few of you say that you can not afford a hotel + travel expenses for the donor... So how can you afford a baby if you can not afford a few quid for the hotel :shock: ?

cause they will get benefits

Return to Sperm Donors in UK

Are you looking for a Sperm Donor or Co-Parenting?

REGISTER NOW