Bilingual Coparenting?

by Jjholmes      .      09 Feb 2020

Hi.

I am looking at coparenting and I was wondering what other people's opinions on bilingual coparenting are.

I only speak English fluently and am learning French as a second language. I always wanted the opportunity to have a second language and so have considered finding a way to do this for my child/children through bilingual coparenting.

My most likely coparent does not have a second language. He seems kind and we have met up and get on.

I am trying to decide whether to drop the bilingual idea or not. When I have spoken with family and friends, their responses have been mixed.

I thought I would open it up to this site for advice and ideas as it is the coparenting community and multinational.

Please post your thoughts.

Thanks

Jess

3 Replies

Jjholmes on 09 Feb 2020

Hi.

I am looking at coparenting and I was wondering what other people's opinions on bilingual coparenting are.

I only speak English fluently and am learning French as a second language. I always wanted the opportunity to have a second language and so have considered finding a way to do this for my child/children through bilingual coparenting.

My most likely coparent does not have a second language. He seems kind and we have met up and get on.

I am trying to decide whether to drop the bilingual idea or not. When I have spoken with family and friends, their responses have been mixed.

I thought I would open it up to this site for advice and ideas as it is the coparenting community and multinational.

Please post your thoughts.

Thanks

Jess

Sonix77 on 17 Feb 2020

Hi,

I believe the idea is amazing! I am native Spanish speaker and I have seen how kids learn a second language in a blink!
    Perdido with i
    Sonia

Jjholmes on 23 Feb 2020

Thanks Sonia :)

Rick20 on 02 Mar 2020

Very god idea, when the kids learn from a young age, they speak effortlessly and with a deeper language understanding..

I am multilingual and open to opportunities to help others..

Return to Co-Parents in UK

Become parents thanks to sperm donation or co-parenting

Families come in a multitude of forms: same-sex parented families, blended families, single-parents raising their children alone or co-parents sharing custody of their children. These are just a few examples of the many and varied possibilities. Whether you are single, in a same-sex relationship or part of a couple experiencing infertility, you too can become parents. Your first step will be to find alternative solutions to enable you to have a baby.

Are you looking for a Sperm Donor or Co-Parenting?

REGISTER NOW