Asking future mums: What is the sperm donation procedure?

by sylph      .      18 Apr 2021

Hello,
    If there are experienced mothers on this platform: would you please describe the stp-by-step procedure you followed approaching a sperm donor?
    Is there a, so to say, approved safe procedure for getting in touch with sperm donors on this platform?
    Is is OK to ask for medical record, stating there are no STDs? Is it OK to ask about things like whether they have been vaccinated (in general - not about COVID specifically)?
    Do you travel to meet the donors or they travel to meet you - and most importantly how is this done in a safe and secure way?
    Last but not least, do you think using a sperm bank is better than arranging a donor through here - how do the experiences compare?
    Many thanks!

2 Replies

Hello,
    If there are experienced mothers on this platform: would you please describe the stp-by-step procedure you followed approaching a sperm donor?
    Is there a, so to say, approved safe procedure for getting in touch with sperm donors on this platform?
    Is is OK to ask for medical record, stating there are no STDs? Is it OK to ask about things like whether they have been vaccinated (in general - not about COVID specifically)?
    Do you travel to meet the donors or they travel to meet you - and most importantly how is this done in a safe and secure way?
    Last but not least, do you think using a sperm bank is better than arranging a donor through here - how do the experiences compare?
    Many thanks!

Hello, I saw this before and thought someone would have replied since your asking genuine questions.

You are free to ask any questions you feel are relevant to the process you are going through. If you want to know they are STD/I free then you can request to see the paperwork or ask for testing to be done.

As for Covid I would use this time to get to know potential donors and finding out if the person you have spoken with is even a match for what you both want.

You can find someone that is nearby or you can choose to either travel out or ask them to travel to you.. the freedom is in your own hands and if at any point you don’t agree you make sure you address what you have issues with.

As for the actual procedure that should also be something discussed between both parties. Some people are happy to have Natural Insemination (sex), Artificial Insemination (privately done with syringe or similar) or literally however you feel comfortable to go foreword with it all.

Natural needs no explanation however artificial can be handled many ways which needs to be agreed between you and the person/s. Some guys have asked me to meet them and book a hotel for a few days and try inseminating more than once during that period (usually sperm put into a container and then taken straight away and used).

Vaccination, health conditions, upbringing, what they are seeking etc.. are all validated questions to ask and to be asked from the other side.

Hope this helped :))

I was going to ask the same thing. I am starting to look for a donor and wasn't sure of the process....

Return to Sperm Donors in UK

Become parents thanks to sperm donation or co-parenting

Families come in a multitude of forms: same-sex parented families, blended families, single-parents raising their children alone or co-parents sharing custody of their children. These are just a few examples of the many and varied possibilities. Whether you are single, in a same-sex relationship or part of a couple experiencing infertility, you too can become parents. Your first step will be to find alternative solutions to enable you to have a baby.

Are you looking for a Sperm Donor or Co-Parenting?

REGISTER NOW