Expectant mothers are hungry for information. They want to know about what to expect, what is normal, and what to do in difficult situations. Especially for first-time moms, having information at hand and having a support system can provide a feeling of security. If you are expecting your first baby, or still trying to conceive, there are a number of apps available to help you. Here, we list some of the best pregnancy apps based on high quality information, usability, and helpful tools.
- WebMD Pregnancy. This app, offered by the long-running and popular medical website is a great tool for this important time in your life. One of the best things about the WebMD app is that the information is of the highest quality and either comes directly from doctors or from written academic sources. Read the Pregnancy 101 section to learn how your baby is developing each week and to get all of your basic questions answered. Use the prenatal checklist to make sure you are going to all of your doctor visits. Read up on how to prepare for the arrival of your baby and use the contraction timer when labor, and your new adventure, begins.
- I’m Expecting. This app gives you a new, adorable baby picture every day, which will help remind you through all the pain, discomfort, and intense planning that you are expecting your very own little one at the end of the pregnancy journey. The app is also a good tracking tool for your weight, your bump measurements and pictures, the development of your baby in the womb, and your symptoms. It also has a community forum.
- Kindara Fertility. This free app is a great way to track your ovulation, body temperature, and other factors that affect fertility. It is very detail oriented, but it comes with a click-through tutorial that you can use right after you download the app. This guide is a great way to learn how to use the app and make the most of recording your menstrual cycle, body temperature, moods, pains, and everything else related to conception. If you’re working with a fertility specialist, this app helps you record everything in one place so that you can easily share it at your appointments.
- My Pregnancy Today. This app is a catch-all for everything related to pregnancy. It includes tons of information, including useful videos. You can even watch women giving birth using different birthing strategies to help you make a choice for how to bring your baby into the world. The app includes healthy recipes tailored to pregnant women and breast-feeding moms. It provides checklists for creating a baby registry, and perhaps best of all a thriving community forum. Here you can chat with other moms and moms-to-be, ask advice, share frustrations, and generally experience the camaraderie of motherhood.
- Peaceful Nursery. To help you prepare an eco-friendly nursery for your baby, this app provides checklists, shopping suggestions and product reviews. The idea is to craft a nursery using sustainable and environmentally-friendly products, both for the sake of the earth and your child. The tips include ways that you can make your home and the nursery a safe and healthy place for a baby.
Pregnancy should be a joyful period in your life, but it can also be stressful. You are worried about the outcome of the pregnancy and the health of your baby. You want to do everything you can to ensure your child will be healthy. Apps are a great way to find information and support and are useful tools for tracking important statistics. Keep in mind, though, that no app is a substitute for complete medical care. Use these apps as tools, not a as a replacement for doctor visits.